I must admit that I’ve been using my Instant Pot for almost 2 years now and I’m still afraid of venting it at the end of cooking. I usually have my husband release the pressure. For this recipe, you will need a few tools for your Instant Pot. Scroll down and you will see a list that I made with 3 products you should have on hand before you make this frittata. What kind of Instant Pot recipes are you searching for? I would like to create a bunch of recipes for the Instant Pot. and need some ideas. Are you looking for more breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes? Perhaps dessert recipes?
Now it’s time to get cooking…
IMPORTANT: you must have the following tools before you make this goat cheese frittata.
This goat cheese frittata is perfect for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. Don’t be alarmed by the total time it takes to cook. Once it’s in the Instant Pot, it’s a set it and forget it type of recipe. Your Instant Pot will do all of the heavy lifting.
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup diced asparagus
- 4oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Dill, for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced for serving
- Use butter or nonstick cooking spray on a 7-cup round heat proof container (I’ve linked one you can buy at the bottom of the page). Pour 2 cups of water into your Instant Pot.
- Take a large bowl and whisk together the eggs, half & half, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the bacon, red bell pepper and asparagus.
- Lastly, add your crumbled goat cheese and lightly stir it all together.
- Pour the egg mixture into your prepared glass container and cover with foil. Place your glass container on top of the steam rack and using the handles on the steam rack, lower it into the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set the pressure release to SEALING. Select pressure cook and set the cooking time to 25 minutes at high pressure.
- When it’s finished cooking, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you can move the pressure release to venting to release any remaining steam.
- Wear your oven mitts and grab the steam rack handles and slowly pull out your frittata with the steam rack.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with sliced avocado and dill.
Remember that it will take 15 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure before the 15 minutes of cooking begins. Plan accordingly with the time.
Variations: try using sun dried tomatoes instead of red pepper. It tastes phenomenal with goat cheese. If you try adding sun dried tomatoes, drain the oil out of the jar first.
Keywords: Instant Pot, Goat Cheese, Frittata, Easy Meals, Recipes
- I tried making a frittata with sun-dried tomatoes as well and I didn’t drain the oil off of them first. It made my frittata VERY oily, it wasn’t good. Then I tried making egg muffins with sun-dried tomatoes and they were perfect. I don’t know what happened when I tried them with the frittata, but be sure and drain the oil if it’s an ingredient you want to add.
- You can also serve this with a mixed-green salad with a basic vinaigrette to lighten it up a bit. I love having breakfast food with a mixed green salad.
- If you do not use the same size cooking dish that I mention in the recipe, your frittata will cook at a different time. I made the mistake once of using a different size glass dish and the middle of the frittata was still raw when I cut into it. Be sure and use the correct size dish when making this recipe.
I hope you enjoy making this Instant Pot Goat Cheese Frittata Recipe. Be sure to leave me a comment below, I’d love to hear from you! If you enjoyed this recipe, check out all of my other recipes over on THE BLOG under Recipe Box.