This post is in collaboration with Blue Circle Foods, Pretzilla & LunchSkins. I thought it might be fun to do a spin on a classic, fish and chips. However, this time I’m cooking with Blue Circle Cod Happy Fish on a pretzel roll and not any kind of pretzel roll, a Pretzilla Mini Bun! They are the perfect size for sliders and work well in this recipe.
It isn’t the first time I’ve collaborated with Blue Circle Foods. You might remember when I made salmon sliders featuring their Salmon Happy Fish a while ago. I love making a quick and simple meal using their Happy Fish.
With everything going on in the world right now and us being quarantined in our homes, let’s do an indoor picnic and have a little fun. Lunchskins paper bags are uncoated, and not treated with petroleum-based paraffin wax, soy or any other type of wax. There are 60 fun colorful stickers in every box. Fold, stick-n-GO!
1. Time to make our sandwiches.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan.
3. Sauté the Happy Fish Cod in a hot pan for 4 minutes on each side. I would have grilled them if the weather was cooperating.
4. Toast your Pretzilla Mini Buns.
These delicious mini pretzel buns are perfect for this recipe. Each package of mini buns comes with a smaller package of salt for the top of the buns. Heat your oven to 400 degrees. I dabbed a little water on top of the buns and added some salt. Placed in the oven for 3-4 minutes until it was warmed through.
5. Time to build your cod on a pretzel roll sandwiches.
I took a toasted Pretzilla Mini Bun and spread a little tartar sauce on the bottom. I used store bought tartar sauce to make this as easy as possible. After that, add some pickle chips and then your Happy Fish Cod. Place the top of the mini bun on and voila! Sandwich is complete.Print
Have an indoor picnic at home with these delicious and adorable cod sandwiches on a mini pretzel bun. In collaboration with Blue Circle Foods, Pretzilla and Lunchskins, these little sandwiches can be made in 10 minutes or less.
- 1 tbsp olive oil to sauté the Happy Fish
- Blue Circle Foods – 1 Package of Happy Fish Cod
- Pretzilla Mini Buns
- Any store bought tartar sauce or you can make your own
- Dill pickle chips
- Lunchskins for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet.
- Sauté the Happy Fish Cod for 4 minutes on each side. I like to cook them until they brown up a bit or you can grill them.
- Toast your Pretzilla Mini Buns. I toasted mine in the oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes. Before putting them in the oven, I rubbed some water on the top of the bun and sprinkled salt from the little package of salt it came with.
- Once your buns are toasted it’s time to build your sandwich.
- Take your toasted Pretzilla Mini Bun and spread a thin later of tartar sauce on the bottom. Add a few dill pickle chips on top and then add your Happy Fish Cod on top of that. Top with your Pretzilla Mini Bun.
- To make this an indoor picnic, wrap your sandwich in a Lunchskins unbleached kraft paper lunch bags. Enjoy!
- Method: Pan-Seared/Grilled
- Cuisine: Seafood
Don’t forget to subscribe to my page for the latest blog posts and exclusive content, delivered right to your inbox. Be sure to follow me on all social channels and leave a comment below. If you like this recipe, I’m sure you would enjoy my Main Course page for more recipes.