Gooey rice and bean freezer burritos! Can you say YUM? When it comes to freezer meals, I really try and make them as easy as possible. Which means, very little to no cooking required before freezing. With my breakfast burritos I find they take a little longer because you have to cook the bacon/sausage and get everything prepared before rolling the tortillas.
You won’t have that issue with these. They are SO easy to prepare and very cheap to make as well. Which is always a plus, amirite? When you are at the store always try and purchase the following items to have on hand. Call them pantry staples.
1. Extra boxes of RICE-A-RONI Spanish rice. Easy to make and has a lot of servings, which means a lot of burritos will be made.
2. Cans of diced tomatoes. I use cans of diced tomatoes for so many recipes. I can’t stop at the grocery store without adding a few cans to my cart.
3. Cheese. I mean, hello? Who doesn’t want to have cheese on hand at home. You can either buy a block of cheese and shred it yourself, or you can buy a package of shredded cheese. I. use a Mexican blend for this recipe but feel free to use whatever kind of cheese you want.
What kitchen tools do I need to make these?
I like to have a conveyer belt of sorts set up for making freezer burritos. No tools are necessary, but I find that it helps to have a large cutting board to assemble them on. Like I mention in all of my freezer recipes, buy gallon size ziplock bags. I buy them in bulk at Costco and I never NOT need them.
If you like this recipe for rice and bean freezer burritos, be sure and check out all of my freezer meal RECIPES.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my page for the latest blog posts and exclusive content, delivered right to your inbox. Be sure to follow me on all social channels and leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.Print
These freezer burritos are my easiest ones yet. I like to make a large batch of them on Sunday and then we have then throughout the week. Barely any cooking required to make these, all you do is cook the Mexi-rice (from a box) and heat up the refried beans. Voila!
- 12 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 Rice-A-Roni box of Spanish rice
Toppings: sour cream, avocado, salsa, guacamole, hot sauce
- Cook the Spanish rice according to package directions, set aside once it’s cooked.
- Heat up the refried beans, set aside.
- Take a few tortillas at a time and heat them up. They will be easier to fold if they are warm.
- Fill the burritos – spoonful of beans, spoonful of rice, sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up the burrito and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Continue rolling up the burritos until you’ve used all of the tortillas.
- Place the sheet pan of burritos into the freezer and let them flash freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once they are partially frozen – place the burritos in a large ziplock bag, or you can wrap foil around them individually.
- To reheat – take out of the freezer, wrap a damp paper towel around the burrito and place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
I don’t have the cook time on here as everyone goes at their own pace when making these.
- Category: Freezer
- Cuisine: Mexican